Date Functions - MTD, QTD, YTD

Posted 24 days ago by Patrick Young

P
Patrick Young
Planned

1 Votes

Hello,

I am aware of the "start date" and "end date" arguments for the various Velixo functions, but have you guys given any thought to introducing a turnover function where you only need to provide the end date and then it calculates the beginning of the period automatically instead of having to use Excel for this.

I am from the Sage 100 and F9 world, and they used the following:

• MTD or PTD (month to date) or (period to date)
  • QTD (quarter to date)
  • YTD (year to date)

Just a thought.

1 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
Damien Zwillinger

Damien Zwillinger posted 22 days ago Admin

Hi Patrick 

I can see a short-term usability solution, and medium-term ideas that we will consider.

Essentially what we want to solve here is to make it easier to generate dates, and being able to easily select and use a "Relative Time" metric, as most of our Measure functions require a Start date and an End date.

The short-term solution is something we implemented in this Acumatica Report Template but haven't yet ported to Sage Intacct (this is planned in a few days, good timing!)

It involves a list of "Relative Time" items/metrics maintained in an "Options" sheet, with Start and End date calculations for each of those items, which can then easily get looked up (XLOOKUP) and used in functions.

You could also use a Data Validation List to list them and/or reference the Relative Time metric in a hidden row (typically first rows of the sheet, same column as the report's measure).

A medium-term idea could be to productize this further, having the product generate such Relative Time list, and optionally allowing to reference the Relative Time metric in functions.

I will leave this idea open and for consideration for now, and will email you directly once we have come up with this Relative Time List for Sage Intacct!

Hope this helps. Thanks!!

0 Votes

P

Patrick Young posted 23 days ago

Thank you for the reply and sharing.

I would add LTM (last twelve months) to the list as well.

Also, the corresponding budget functions to match.

0 Votes

N

Nasrin Jamali posted 24 days ago Admin

Hi Patrick, 

Thank you for your suggestion. We will share this idea with our Dev team. Thanks.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment